Eat That Frog! Have you ever eaten frog legs? I did many years ago, and they tasted something like chicken. BUT this post is not about that. It’s about becoming more successful in your business.
Eat That Frog is a book by Brian Tracy where he talks about addressing the most important things to move your business forward each day. Often, we as employees or entrepreneurs fill our days with unimportant things and end up wasting the day away. When the sun sets or the clock hits 5:00 p.m. we realize we’ve been busy all day, yet we haven’t accomplished anything of value.
Eat That Frog Bullet Points
- Set the Table
- In this first section of Eat That Frog, Brian addresses setting the table for our day.
- Plan Every Day in Advance
- Planning our days in advance is merely building a roadmap if you will of what you plan to accomplish for the day. Similarly, this road map is your guide to completing tasks quickly.
- The 80/20 Rule.
- You’ve probably figured out that in any company 20% of the people do 80% of the work. Right! At the same time, have you considered that this 80/20 rule applies to many, many aspects of your life?
- For example, 20% of what you do is responsible for 80% of your success.
- In Brian’s book, you’ll learn some incredible ways to apply the 80/20 rule to your business and achieve more success.
- Consider the Consequences. Brian explains, consequences, in Eat That Frog. Be that as it may, most people don’t give their decisions much thought.
- Everything you decide to do, or not to do has consequences.
- Focus on Key Result Areas
- Brian zeros in on what key results areas mean, and why you should focus your time on them.
- Apply the Law of Three
- I loved this section, chiefly because we all have limitations. Yours are very different from mine. And mine are very different from the next person. However, we can all apply the Law of Three from Eat That Frog and achieve a higher level of success.
- Brian addresses 15 other areas in Eat That Frog. By all means, check it out and see how much it can help your business.
About Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy is world renown and has created and presented seminars to thousands of companies large and small all over the world. As a result, he’s helped these organizations increase productivity and become more successful.
He’s written over 80 books translated into 42 languages. His series of books can help you too in your business. I recommend you read “Eat That Frog.”
To Your Success,